Wednesday, December 5, 2012

All Roads Lead To Mayberry

This morning I was driving into the service bay at Lippert Components at 0745 and was promptly greeted by the technician who would replace my leaking hydraulic ram.

We chatted for a few minutes and I learned that he was originally from Kinston, NC - a town real close to home.  I then settled into the customer lounge for a short while and within 45 minutes he was back and told me I was done and good to go.

So what the local dealer was unable to accomplish in 7 weeks was replaced and repaired in 45 minutes!  Go figure.

As soon as I was done there I hit the road and headed for the barn.

After about 11 hrs and close to 700 miles...  Including another trip thru West Virginia in the dark, I dropped back down off of the Blue Ridge Pleateau in search of warm air and am now parked in the Mt Airy (Mayberry) Wallmart.

I turned on the inverter and heated up some water for a cup O Joe, and now it's time for some shut eye.  Tomorrow I have about 5 hrs left to drive, a stop for fuel, and a dump of the tanks and we can put a fork in this quick trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you... Please leave us a comment and let us know you are reading. If there is something that you'd like to hear about please let us know. Thanks for visiting!