Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lucy Gets her Groove on

Today was Lucys first day on the boat.

We made it just a day trip so that she could get the sights, smells etc.

Her sister Gracie is all about "It's all good" but Lucy is more timid.  At first Lucy was tail between the legs, not moving around too much.








But after a while watching sister Gracie (shown here standing "Pirate Watch") she got her sea legs and did what she does best when in motion....  sleep.

We just went a few miles south on the ICW and anchored in a quiet spot with a nice breeze blowing had some lunch, listened to some tunes and had a few brewskis.   All in all a pretty productive day if you ask me.

I've been battling a stuffing box that is getting to hot with this high tech goretex packing that I installed when ei' Lean was on the hard (out of the water)  so tomorrow I'm going to repack the suker with what I know and love from my Navy days:  Good old-fashioned Flax Packing.

Other than that the boat is is pretty much tip top shape and ready for summer fun.  

Did I mention that my anemometer (wind speed/direction) is now not working?

Always projects to keep me broke and off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you... Please leave us a comment and let us know you are reading. If there is something that you'd like to hear about please let us know. Thanks for visiting!