Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sunrise

Oh what a beautiful morning...
Oh what a beautiful day....

I just couldn't resist sharing some of these pictures with you.
They are hot off the press.

As I was making my coffee in the early morning twilight, I noticed some
color starting to appear in the eastern sky and thought
 that it might be a pretty sunrise.


Wanting to waste no opportunity I dashed out the door, lenses in hand
half dressed, stocking feet...   brrrrr   It was chilly.


Slowly the light - and colors increased.


The Saguaro are always a useful prop for effect.
This shot was just as the sun was rising above the horizon.


I liked the way the sunlight lit up the barbs


A new day is here.








11 comments:

  1. i'm glad you blew me out of bed to see the sunrise.......xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beeeee uuuuuuuu teeeeee ful

    ReplyDelete
  3. First one was my favorite. We have a watercolor of the skyline near Pioche, NV that is the same shade of blue.

    Cathy Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is...

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XYyxP57LpTg/UOhHNP2c0JI/AAAAAAAADg8/M6f9F25VAVs/s1600/DSC_1280.JPG

    It us following the 1/3 rule and not centered. Great shot. I also like the glow around the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav is the 5th picture, beautiful!!!! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am torn between the first one ( since blue is my favorite color), which is really nice, and the last one with the sun on the cactus!! Margie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite was the last photo if I really had to pick but I also really liked the first photo. T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I applaud all of them- especially taken in stocking feet- you're going to catch a cold or step on a sidewinder- stay warm and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all nice, but I think I will go for number 5 (second to last) as my favorite. Bruce H.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you... Please leave us a comment and let us know you are reading. If there is something that you'd like to hear about please let us know. Thanks for visiting!