Sunday, July 23, 2023

Goodby Lucy

Just a quick post to let you know that yesterday morning we lost our Lucy.

She woke me up early and I found her walking in a left circle rubbing against the walls. She was staggering and seemed exhausted. I think she might’ve been doing it for hours. When I got up i tried to pick her up and she yelped.  I started feeling her and she was in pain in her left hip.

I gave her some of Gracies pain medication’s and 20 minutes later she was finally able to lay down and passed out exhausted.

Couple hours later we finally got her to a vet up near Edinburgh and she was no better.   She would slowly walk in left circles and seemed in distress.   The vet examined her and we both agreed that it was likely a stroke during the night.

It was then that we said goodbye.

Dec 13,  2008 - Jul 22, 2023


Always eager to please.  Never a moments trouble.   She was as good a dog as we could have hoped for.   She’ll always be in our hearts.   Goodbye LuLu


In just under 3 months.  First Gracie then Lucy.  The perfect traveling pair are gone.

12 comments:

  1. She had a great life and she now lives pain free....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry. It’s tough…

    ReplyDelete

  3. So sorry to hear this,
    hardest thing in life is to lose a wonderful family member like Lucy, God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. This breaks my heart.....I loved both your kids....I just can't believe this....I am so deeply sorry. I will look thru my happy photos with your kids. Tears of sadness my dear friends. I love Lucy ...and Gracie.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about Lucy send my love to Kate and it’s great the best duo is back together again๐Ÿ˜ข. I’m sure Gracie welcomed her with open ๐Ÿพ paws ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sad day for you all! That duo, Lucy and Grace, were a wonderful pair in ALL of our lives! I'm blown away it happened so soon. Glad you're among friends and have your dear little Anne to cuddle and catch your tears. Love to you, Kristi & Jim. XOXOXOXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our thoughts are with you. We know the pain. So glad to have met her. Big hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you lost Lucy. I know she will be at the rainbow bridge. Prayers for all. H.J. Kohl

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so sorry to hear of your loss. It takes a while but eventually you will recover. Carl & Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Sorry to hear of your Lucy's passing. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were lucky to have two wonderful companions!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you... Please leave us a comment and let us know you are reading. If there is something that you'd like to hear about please let us know. Thanks for visiting!